Sunday, December 7, 2008

Unfortunately, a half-day. . .

With the fall term coming to a close, I have big projects due that I've hardly begun. There is one due on Thursday that I've only done some precursory work on, and I really have to focus my attention on it for the next few days. Which means that things like writing have to take a backseat for a while.

But I don't want to neglect it entirely, so today, rather than not write at all, and rather than try for ten thousand words, I'm going to try for 5. It feels a stunted amount; I usually have to struggle and push my way through several thousand words before I really get on a roll. 5K feels like I'll be cutting out just as I get into the swing of things. It feels like a compromise that leaves no one happy, but today, it'll have to do.

Well, it's not a concrete deadline. If I'm really going smoothly, I'll keep going until things are played through to the end. The 5K limit is really the limit if I'm struggling to keep going, which happens from time to time.

I just hope it doesn't happen today.


 

Wish me luck.

Cris.

 

No comments: